Dear Sir or Madam,
We would like to invite you to actively participate in the work of the international scientific conference “Halal excellence and circular economy”, which will be held as part of the Halal Business Forum, with your scientific and professional paper (report, study or debate) on 2nd and 3rd October 2023. The conference is jointly organised by the International University of Novi Pazar, Serbia, and Centre for Halal Quality Certification of the Islamic community in Croatia and will be held in Zagreb, Croatia.
The world population is continuously growing and has been reaching more than 8 billion people. This growing number causes pressure on how to supply all of them with essential goods. Available resources are exploited intensively and consumerism is causing extensive waste and pollution.
From an Islamic perspective, new solutions have to be developed according to the Qur’anic principle:
“Verily! We have made that which is on earth as an adornment for it, in order that We may test them (mankind) as to which of them are best in deeds.” (18:7)
This principle shows that Allah s.w.t. gives all men and women provision, power and resources in order to test individuals – there are clear rules on how to use them. Therefore, it is the obligation of every individual to respect the rights of the Creator and the created (humans, animals, plants etc.) by causing as little external effects as possible during production processes and usage of different products.
We use this opportunity to cordially invite you to participate actively and present your thoughts on how the principles of halal can be implemented in today’s economy in order to increase the welfare of people without violating the rights of others.
Thematic areas and subtopics of the Conference will help you to identify the most appropriate dialogue to which you might wish to contribute with your work.
International scientific conference “Halal excellence and circular economy” covers, but is not limited to, the following thematic units:
- Halal and innovation
- Halal and the circular economy
- Halal certification and standardisation
- Halal tourism
- Halal production
12 June 2023
31 July 2023
Abstract acceptance notification
31 August 2023
30 September 2023
Paper acceptance notification
2-3 October 2023
Information for authors
All abstracts and subsequently full papers should be submitted electronically.
Each paper will be reviewed and selected submitted full papers will be published in the next volume of the journal “Ekonomski izazovi – Economic challenges” (ISSN: 2217-8821) – indexed by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Serbia.
The official Conference language will be English.
Papers can also be submitted in one of the BHS languages (Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian).
An abstract should include:
- the name of the section it belongs to,
- the title of the work, the full name and the address (including e-mail) of the author, the affiliation,
- between 100-200 words,
Author/co-author is allowed to submit maximal two papers, but only one paper as the first author. Papers should have no more than 14 pages prepared according to Template.
Papers that do not conform to the instructions of the Template will be returned for revision.
E-mail for submission of the papers: firstname.lastname@example.org .
There is no participation fee for this conference.
- prof. dr. Suad Bećirović, International University of Novi Pazar
- doc. dr. Aldin Dugonjić, International University of Novi Pazar & Centre for Halal Quality Certification
- prof. dr. Amela Semić, Faculty of Agriculture and Food Sciences
- prof. dr. Enis Ujkanović, International University of Novi Pazar
- prof. dr. Mehmed Meta, International University of Novi Pazar
- prof. dr. Samir Ljajić, International University of Novi Pazar
- prof. dr. Natalija Uršulin – Trstenjak, University North
- prof. dr. Bećir Kalač, International University of Novi Pazar
- prof. dr. Azra Ćatović, International University of Novi Pazar
- prof. Enver Međedović
- MSc Haris Zogić
- MSc Edina Mešić
- MSc Mirela Tinjić
- MSc Nedim Omerović
- Muhamed Mandžić